Welcome to the 10th Island Resort Championship at Sweetgrass
Part of the Symetra Tour – Road to the LPGA
- June 11-13
- Harris, MI – 15 min. West of Escanaba on US 2 & 41.
$10 for all three days; Kids are free.
Call 877-ISL-SHOW to purchase
- Real-time scoring during the event is found on symetratour.com in the upper right-hand corner of the site. You can also follow this on your mobile devices.
- Tournament Entries and Player Information can also be found on the Symetra Tour website.
- Island Resort Championship at Sweetgrass has an Event Purse of $200,000; Winner will receive $30,000 and earns an automatic exemption into the Evian Championship in France as a part of the 2021 LPGA Major.
- PLUS, the Potawatomi Cup—with an additional $40,000 in cash prizes awarded to Symetra players based on performance at the four Potawatomi Nation casino sponsored events—which includes the Island Resort Championship at Sweetgrass.
- Some past winners of Island Resort Championship at Sweetgrass:
- 2019 winner – Daniela Iacobelli (Michigan)
- 2018 winner – Ruixin Liu (currently on LPGA)
- 2017 winner – Emma Talley (2018 LPGA Rookie year)
- 2016 winner – Sherman Santiwiwatthanaphong (Thailand) (LPGA member)
- 2015 winner – Dani Holmqvist (Stockholm, Sweden) (LPGA member)
- 2014 winner – Molly Aronsson (Family roots in the Escanaba area)
- 144 women participating in the Island Resort Championship at Sweetgrass. Top ten money winners at the end of the Tour automatically earn LPGA membership for the following year.
- The women golfers have consistently named this tournament the highlight of their tour. They said the hospitality by the tribe, as well as golf course and casino complex employees is phenomenal.
- A total of 30 countries are represented, with 74 players from the United States.
Helpful Spectator notes:
- Wear sunscreen; sunglasses or visor recommended.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes or golf spikes.
- As a general rule no cell phones, pagers or cameras allowed on the course. But people often monitor the “Real-Time Scoring” site on their Smart phones. So if you bring a phone, set it to vibrate setting.